Career fairs are not only designed to help you in your employment search journey- they are also an important component in preparing you for when you are met with the career opportunity of a lifetime. Honing your skills beforehand will help you be prepared when the position you have been waiting for arises. Here are the top 10 reasons why you should attend career based events:
10. You get the opportunity to explore what employers are looking for in a desired candidate.
9. It’s an opportunity to build relationships within your employment network.
8. Staying abreast of employers who support our events keeps your name and resume in employer’s minds for future opportunities.
7. Attending events helps sharpen and polish your networking and interviewing skills.
6. Career Events are an opportunity to get FREE ADVICE! For instance, you might get help feedback from a professional that will help you fine tune your resume.
5. Personal and professional development. Practice makes perfect. Attire, self representation, and poise are part of the packaging for an employer.
4. You will be prepared for future opportunities.
3. It shows that you are interested in opportunities to succeed.
2. Attending events avails you to other opportunities in the area.
1. It is a FREE service that is planned to help assist you with your short term and long term career goals. It can only work to your benefit.
If you have not taken the opportunity to attend one of the many career related events on either campus, please take a few minutes to get informed and get involved in what your campus has to offer. There are a variety of career oriented events planned this semester. Click here to see upcoming events! Don’t miss the chance to open the door to your future!